6 servings • 60 minutes
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (peeled, chopped)
- 1 Yellow Onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 6 cups Chicken Stock
- 350 grams Chicken Breast
- 2 cups Egg Noodle (or pasta of choice)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the celery, carrot, and onion to the pot and cook for eight to 10 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and thyme to the pot. Stir to combine and cook for another minute.
- Add the broth and then place the chicken in the pot. Bring the soup to a gentle boil and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and pulls easily.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred the cooked chicken thighs with two forks until no large pieces remain.
- Return the chicken to the pot. Season the soup with additional salt if needed.
- To serve, divide the soup between bowls and stir in the noodles. Enjoy!
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving Size: One serving is approximately one cup of soup and 1/4 cup of macaroni.
More Flavour: Add other dried herbs and spices, like parsley, sage, or oregano.
More Vegetables: Add spinach or kale, bell pepper, mushrooms, potatoes, or peas.