5 servings • 1 hour 25 minutes
- 680 grams Chicken Breast or Thighs (boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes)
- Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 cup Yoghurt (either Greek or natural)
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 5 Barbecue Skewers
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix the spices with the yogurt, garlic, and lemon juice. Add the chicken and cover with the yoghurt mixture. Leave the chicken in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge to marinate for at least one hour.
- Thread the chicken cubes onto the skewers. Grill over medium heat for about five to seven minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through.
- Serve with roasted vegetables and baked potato or salad and a wholemeal pita.
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Skewers: If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling so they don't burn.
No dairy: Use dairy-free yogurt.
Additional toppings: Serve with fresh coriander on top and some lemon zest.