Sildenafil is an erectile dysfunction (ED) medication for men who struggle to get or maintain an erection during sexual intercourse. It contains the same active ingredient as Pfizer’s branded Viagra (sildenafil citrate) but is a cheaper yet equally effective alternative. It contains the active ingredient sildenafil. Sildenafil belongs to a group of medicines called phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors. It works by relaxing the blood vessels in your penis when you are sexually excited. This allows blood to flow into your penis, allowing you to get an erection naturally. It will not increase your sex drive.
Sildenafil Sandoz is not for use in women.
This medicine is available only with a doctor's prescription.
This is a private script, and it is not eligible for government PBS subsidy. The cost of this may be claimed from private health insurance providers depending on the level of cover.
Take ONE tablet 30 to 60 minutes before required. Maximum of ONE tablet in 24 hours.
25mg, 50mg, & 100mg
Headache, flushing, lightheadedness, stuffy nose or indigestion. Sildenafil has a small risk of nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, and skin rash.
The dose provided is from theconsumer medicines information leaflet.
Always follow the doctors direction when using prescription medication.
25mg, 8 tablets
25mg, 12 tablets
50mg, 8 tablets
50mg, 12 tablets
100mg, 8 tablets
100mg, 12 tablets
Online doctors assessment
Standard Australian Post (5-7 business days)
Express Australian Post (1-3 business days)
Cold Chain (5-7 business days)
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any of the following and they worry you:
- hot flushes
- nasal congestion
- sinus congestion
- swelling of your nose
- dry mouth or dry throat
- dry nose
- dry eye
- tightness in your throat
- feeling hot or irritable
- redness in your mouth or tongue.
Do not take Viagra Sildenafil if:
• you are being treated for angina (chest pain) or other heart conditions with certain medicines called nitrates.
• you are taking guanylate cyclase stimulators (GCS), such as Adepmas (riociguat).
• you are using amyl nitrite
• you are taking or using any other treatment for impotence• are taking any medicines to treat high blood pressure in the vessels of the lungs (pulmonary arterial hypertension) including Tracleer (bosentan) or Revatio which also contains sildenafil.
Viagra Sildenafil tablets may not be suitable if any of the following apply:
- You suffer from heart disease or heart rhythm problems
- You have had a heart attack or stroke within the last six months
- You have high or low blood pressure
- You suffer from liver or kidney disease
- You are a haemophiliac
- You suffer from sickle cell anaemia or leukaemia
- There is a physical deformity of the penis
- You suffer from retinitis pigmentosa
- You have a stomach ulcer.
Your doctor and pharmacist have more information on medicines to be careful with or avoid while taking this medicine. Ask your doctor or pharmacist, if you are not sure if you are taking any of these medicines.